We are actively searching for a Finance Analyst/Investor Relations to report to our Chief Financial Officer. The successful candidate will be responsible for analyzing financial statements and predicting the future performance of the company. This may include forecasting future revenues and expenditures, as well as modeling capital structure and budgeting. You will be keeping track of a company’s financial plan, analyzing the company’s performance, and market changes and trends allowing the company to calculate variances between forecasts and actuals.
Loop Energy is a leading designer of hydrogen fuel cell systems targeted for the electrification of commercial vehicles, including, light commercial vehicles, transit buses and medium and heavy-duty trucks. Loop’s products feature the Company’s proprietary eFlow™ technology in the fuel cell stack’s bipolar plates. For more information about how Loop is driving towards a zero-emissions future, visit www.loopenergy.com.
The successful candidate will perform the following activities:
- Perform financial forecasting, reporting, and operational metrics tracking.
- Analyze financial data and create financial models for decision support.
- Report on financial performance and prepare for regular leadership reviews.
- Analyze past results, perform variance analysis, identify trends, and make recommendations for improvements.
- Prepare related stock market analysis on various competitors and ancillary markets
- Track volume, buyers, sellers and various quantitative measures for stock performance
- Support in the preparation of investor marketing materials for the finance and marketing groups
- Guide the cost analysis process by establishing and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Provide analysis of trends and forecasts and recommend actions for optimization.
- Recommend actions by analyzing and interpreting data and making comparative analyses; study proposed changes in methods and materials.
- Identify and drive process improvements, including the creation of standard and ad-hoc reports, tools, and Excel dashboards.
- Increase productivity by developing automated reporting/forecasting tools.
- Perform market research, data mining, business intelligence, and valuation comps.
- Maintain a strong financial analysis foundation creating forecasts and models.
- 3-5+ years of business finance or other relevant experience
- BA, BS, or B. Com degree required (Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance/Economics/Statistics)
- CFA or MBAs are preferred.
- Proven work experience in a quantitatively heavy role
- CBV, CFA or similar designations preferred.
- Strong quantitative and analytical competency
- Self-starter with excellent interpersonal communication and problem-solving skills
What Loop Energy Has to Offer:
- Competitive base salary and comprehensive company-paid health and dental benefits
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- Opportunities for career advancement
Only candidates already eligible to work full-time in Canada will be reviewed. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.