As a leading hydrogen fuel cell developer and manufacturer, Loop Energy is helping build a zero-emissions world. Commercial vehicle manufacturers are turning to Loop Energy for our industry-leading hydrogen fuel cell solutions, featuring our proprietary eFlow™ technology, which delivers compellingly better fuel efficiency and significantly reduces the total cost of vehicle ownership of commercial vehicles. For more information about us, visit https://loopenergy.com
We are seeking for a Supply Chain Manager to join our team at the facility in Burnaby - BC. This is an exciting opportunity for self-motivated individuals that thrives in a fast-paced environment. As Supply Chain Manager, you will lead and implement efforts related to supply chain and be responsible to develop and utilize data analysis, business intelligence, and reporting tools to forecast supply and material needs across the manufacturing plant organization.
The successful candidate will perform the following activities:
- Develops appropriate supply chain strategy to maximize customer satisfaction at the lowest possible cost.
- Negotiate and establish long-term purchasing and supply agreements with key suppliers to guarantee high quality, reliable, low-cost component and material supply for Loop.
- Leads the supply chain team in executing best practices and measuring performance through agreed-upon Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Directs and coordinates global supply chain functions through strategy, resource optimization, profitability maximization, and KPIs resulting in the maximization of customer satisfaction.
- Plans, manages, and coordinates all activities related to the sourcing and procurement of necessary materials and supplies needed to meet the changing levels of product demand.
- Works with plant, warehouse, and logistics departments to determine and set up intercompany transfers.
- Works directly with sales department to determine most cost-effective distribution solution for finished goods transportation to customers.
- Monitors and corrects inventory levels at outside warehouses and internally to ensure rotation and maximize working capital.
- Works with freight forwards and transportation companies to set best route and rate (reviews and approves all freight terms and agreements).
- Collaborates with purchasing team to determine best practice for freight in and freight consolidation.
- Supports proper utilization and implementation of ERP system
- Responsible to routinely report on department KPIs along with appropriate analysis and countermeasures where necessary.
- Working to implement, improve supply chain systems and processes.
- 8+ year of proven experience managing Supply Chain
- BS in Business Administration, Engineering, Logistics and Supply Chain, or related education
- Strong production planning and communication skills both written and verbal
- Understanding of inventory turns and inventory control policies including cycle counts and layered audit systems
- The ability to translate and execute strategic business vision into tangible delivery
Considered an asset:
- Experience in managing global supply chains including Asia, EU, and North America
- Experience negotiating major long termpurchasing and supply agreements
What Loop Energy Has to Offer:
- Competitive base salary and comprehensive company-paid health and dental benefits
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- Opportunities for career advancement
*Only candidates already eligible to work full time in Canada will be reviewed. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.*