We are seeking for a Facilities Manager to join our team in Burnaby – BC. The successful candidate thrives on the results from the smooth operation and growth of a high-tech manufacturing facility. We are pursuing candidates with demonstrable achievements in facilities management that exemplify the energy, passion, and drive to bring great accomplishments to our production.
Loop Energy is a leading designer of hydrogen fuel cell systems targeted for the electrification of commercial vehicles, including, light commercial vehicles, transit buses, and medium and heavy-duty trucks. Loop’s products feature the Company’s proprietary eFlow™ technology in the fuel cell stack’s bipolar plates. For more information about how Loop is driving towards a zero-emissions future, visit www.loopenergy.com.
- Develop, implement and monitor industrial system controls on the facility mechanical and electrical systems
- Develop production and test equipment specifications into facility requirements
- Establish, modify and maintain preventative maintenance schedule for factory systems and equipment
- Responsible for maintaining company Facility Key Performance Indices (KPIs) across all processes (part manufacture, sub-assembly and final assemblies)
- Project manage the following types of tasks:
Implementation of electrical and mechanical infrastructure projects ranging from small scale multi-trade construction projects to office layout and renovations.
Implementation of high-voltage (up to 600V) primary electrical system upgrades and management
Implementation and use of Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC) and Data Acquisition Systems (DAQ)
Integration of high voltage power handling devices such as battery systems, DCDC converters and load banks.
- Establish, maintain and continually improve key manufacturing processes such as work order tracking, product build configuration management, 5S, FIFO, manufacturing key points, and inventory control.
- Work with the Production Team in the implementation and maintenance of 5S systems
- Work with the Production and Manufacturing Engineering teams in the implementation of manufacturing equipment.
- Monitors Occupational Health & Safety Regulation and Environmental Regulation Compliance for all assigned
- Provides a safe environment for all employees, customers, and visitors.
- 5+ years of leadership roles in the management of facilities in the high-tech and/or mass production industries
- 10+ years of experience in leading projects in the implementation of electrical and mechanical system upgrades in production facilities
- Experience in the design and use of high-voltage power handling equipment and test stations
- PLC and data acquisition systems
- High voltage device use and integration (batteries, load banks, DCDCs)
Considered an asset:
- Experience in hydrogen fuel cell operation or design
- Experience in automotive industry development programs and prototype development
- Product lifecycle management skills
- Hands-on mechanical and electrical assembly may be required
- Lifting up to 50 pounds.
- May spend up to 75% of the day standing, walking
- Work will be 100% indoors
What Loop Energy Has to Offer:
- Competitive base salary and comprehensive company-paid health and dental benefits
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- Opportunities for career advancement
- Social committee - Fun social events throughout the year, including BBQs, ice cream days, virtual games, Christmas parties, etc.
Only candidates already eligible to work full-time in Canada will be reviewed. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.