As a leading hydrogen fuel cell developer and manufacturer, Loop Energy is helping build a zero-emissions world. Commercial vehicle manufacturers are turning to Loop Energy for our industry-leading hydrogen fuel cell solutions, featuring our proprietary eFlow™ technology, which delivers compellingly better fuel efficiency and significantly reduces the total cost of vehicle ownership of commercial vehicles. We are actively seeking a Production Supervisor to manage the day-to-day operations of a manufacturing facility in Burnaby - BC. This supervisor will oversee the operations of the manufacturing, communicate directly with team members across the organization, outside vendors, and customers while ensuring a safe and efficient operation. For more information about us, visit https://loopenergy.com
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Planning, setting, and maintaining production build schedule
- Coordinating material flow to the production line
- Responsible for maintaining company Manufacturing Key Performance Indices (KPIs) across all processes (part manufacture, sub-assembly, and final assemblies)
- Design-for-assembly improvements to the existing and upcoming products. Initiate and implement
- Prototype build assembly alongside the engineering team members.
- Allocate necessary resources and maintain an open line of communication to Engineering on the status of early-phase prototype systems
- Equipment and process adoption into Production from Manufacturing Engineering
- Providing new equipment training to new team members
- Schedule, manage a team of talented assembly technicians
- Establish, maintain, and continually improve key manufacturing processes such as work order tracking, product build configuration management, 5S, FIFO, manufacturing key points, and inventory control
- Ability to deliver rapid impact analysis when confronted with shifts in prioritization of work orders.
- 5+ years of mass-production manufacturing experience at a Supervisor, Manager or Group Leader level.
- 15+ years of technical and manufacturing experience with demonstrated advancement
- Bachelor of Technology Diploma or higher, mechanical, or electrical focus
- Proven experience working with ERP systems
- Excellent communication skills in all areas of the plant
Considered an asset:
- Experience in hydrogen fuel cell operation or design
- Experience in automotive industry development programs and prototype development
- Product lifecycle management skills
- Hands-on mechanical and electrical assembly may be required
- Lifting up to 50 pounds may be required
- This role may include extended hours and irregular schedules
What Loop Energy Has to Offer:
- Competitive base salary and comprehensive company-paid health and dental benefits
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- Opportunities for career advancement
- Social committee - Fun social events throughout the year, including BBQs, ice cream days, virtual games, Christmas parties, etc.
Only candidates already eligible to work full-time in Canada will be reviewed. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.