Our rapidly growing team at Loop Energy is looking for a Quality Control Engineer. You will work with members of the quality and supply chain team to achieve departmental objectives within a fast-paced environment reporting to the Quality Manager. The position will involve inspection as well as engineering work and be responsible for some shipping receiving and inventory control (about 20%). This role will involve a significant amount of hands-on work and learning and offers the opportunity to join us as a fuel cell manufacturer at the beginning of the scale-up process. As a Quality Control Engineer, you will work with a quality and manufacturing team with a significant amount of automotive experience and help to deploy automotive principles best practices in Loop’s manufacturing locally and overseas. Visit https://loopenergy.com for more information.
- Develop systems to improve Loop quality by performing quality control functions
- Inspect parts to drawings, document non-conformances, create nonconformance reports and resolve concerns with suppliers
- Support new technology projects by providing hands-on support for trials and analysis of quality measures
- Review and monitor in-house production and respond to urgent concerns, lead problem-solving activities
- Resolve quality concerns and drive continuous improvement
- Develop KPI’s and tracking for in-house production
- Resolve and troubleshoot long term problems using problem-solving methods and hands-on investigations
- Receive incoming parts and packages, check against PO, report discrepancies, store parts, or distribute as required.
- Create shipping documentation, understanding of international shipping requirements, or able to learn.
- Perform inventory counts on various products, raw materials, consumables, and other items throughout the facility.
- Identify problems with inventory and troubleshoot where they occur in order to keep accurate inventory at all times and maintain an orderly management system.
- Bachelor of Engineering, Mechanical, Electrical, Mechatronics
- At least 3-year experience working with Quality Control
- Experience with complex bills of materials and ERP Systems
- Willing to deal with shipping receiving and quality inspection
- Solid understanding to reconcile receiving errors with accounts payable
Considered an asset:
- Six Sigma training, Kaizen
- International shipping
Some physical work with shipping receiving and inspection
A competitive salary and benefits package awaits the successful candidate.