Patented, peer-tested and industry applauded, Loop’s eFlow® technology is the first to create uniform current density, solving one of the most challenging issues in hydrogen energy development – and offering a new vision for heavy transport. Loop’s tough, zero-emission hydrogen/EV engine creates consistent peak power, improved performance, and a competitive total cost of ownership, without subsidies.
Our rapidly growing team is looking for an Intermediate Accountant – You will work with members of the Finance team to achieve departmental objectives within a fast-paced environment reporting to the Financial Controller. This position will appeal to candidates who enjoy performing in a collaborative environment with the potential to become a Senior Accountant and/or Accounting Manager. Loop’s nature as a rapidly growing green-energy company will also require the successful candidate to demonstrate a strong entrepreneurial spirit to help foster a dynamic and innovative work environment. We encourage like-minded applicants to apply and contribute to growing the fuel cell market alongside us! Visit https://loopenergy.com
- Perform full-cycle month-end close process including preparing journal entries, accruals, and multi-currency reconciliations in accordance with IFRS assisting the Financial Controller.
- Perform all duties associated with accounts payable and accounts receivable functions including monthly multi-currency bank and credit card reconciliations and related journal entries.
- Prepare period-end inventory reconciliation, tracking inventory costing and quantities, and assist in periodical and year-end inventory counts.
- Provide technical accounting advice within area of expertise to functional or operational areas managers to help them develop revenue and expense budgets, understand financial reports, and manage their financial responsibilities.
- Maintain inputs into the cost accounting system. Track all areas of inventory costing including labor, material, machine, and overhead cost analysis.
- File quarterly sales tax and GST returns and annual T5 and NR4 slips.
- Assist in the preparation for the annual audit.
- Responsible for implementing and documenting optimal business/accounting processes as well as performing the day-to-day accounting functions ensuring it complies with all relevant regulations, laws, and reporting requirements.
- Work closely with other team members to coordinate responsibilities and prioritize tasks to ensure that all key deadlines are met.
- Identify opportunities for efficiencies and improvements in financial reporting, KPI development, and tracking.
- Supports with office management and performs other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree/diploma in Accounting, Business, or related discipline from an accredited institution.
- CPA (or equivalent) designation or in progress.
- Minimal of three years of experience performing full-cycle accounting
- Solid knowledge of IFRS
- Experience with using and customizing Infor or similar modern ERP system
- Experience with foreign exchange and multi-currency transactions and accounting
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Advanced skills in Sage 50 and Microsoft 365 (Microsoft Office. Teams, SharePoint).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Superior organizational and prioritization skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and protect the integrity of financial documents.
- Ability to work in a team and independently with minimum supervision.
Considered an asset:
- General understanding of US GAAP
- Knowledge in the manufacturing industry
- Knowledge in cross border transactions and filing regulations
A competitive salary and benefits package awaits the successful candidate.