About Loop Energy
Loop Energy provides innovative zero-emission power systems for heavy-duty transportation applications. We work with leading vehicle manufacturers to design, produce and integrate carbon-free motive power solutions to the rapidly expanding hydrogen fuel cell market. Using our patented E-Flow ® technology, Loop powertrains deliver class-leading fuel cell performance as an alternative to conventional diesel engines at a competitive cost of ownership, without subsidies. For more information about how Loop Energy is driving the future of zero-emissions, visit www.loopenergy.com.
We are looking for an energetic and passionate Integration Engineer to play a vital role in the incorporation of Loop’s range extender fuel cell engine into a prototype and early production customer vehicles. The successful candidate will be part of the Operations department, working closely with the Product Development team to match customer requirements with our product range and work through the customer integration process all the way through to hand-off with after-sales support. The ideal applicant will have experience with managing the configuration and implementation of complex electro-mechanical systems into electrified heavy-duty vehicles. The position relies on the successful applicant’s technical and interpersonal capabilities to move vehicle integration projects through from concept to production-readiness. Loop’s nature as a rapidly growing green-energy company will also require the successful candidate to demonstrate a strong entrepreneurial spirit to help contribute to a dynamic and innovative work environment.
· Lead the integration of Loop’s fuel cell engine products into a variety of prototype vehicle applications.
· Support the continued development and integration of ancillary electrical and mechanical systems on the vehicle chassis such as cooling systems and export power handling devices.
· Provide technical input to the Product Development team to help with the development of hardware and software improvements for field-deployed units as well as upcoming designs.
· Assist the customer with vehicle electrical interface development during the design phase through to aftersales support and monitoring via telematics data.
· Hands-on support with the troubleshooting of electrical controls systems and the use of electronic diagnostic equipment.
· Knowledgeable in electrical device operation & safeguarding, high voltage batteries, EV battery management architecture, and DC/DC converters.
· Other duties as required from time to time within Supply Chain and Quality.
· Identify results from integrating complicated systems into electrified mobility solutions.
· Assist with the development of vehicle integration plans, resource allocation & documentation.
· Ability to troubleshoot engine control logic & CANbus communication protocol.
· Add to existing technical document base with the goal of continuously improving Loop’s product installation efficiency.
· Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in challenging fast-paced project scenarios.
· 5+ years of engineering-related work experience, including experience with Electrified Vehicle (EV) development, power management, components, software, controls & CAN bus systems.
· Bachelor of Science in Engineering, preferably Electrical Engineering, or Electro-mechanical Engineering
· On-site visits to customer with hands-on work to prototype vehicles, sometimes in outdoor or non-climate-controlled environments.
· Some lifting and moving of electrical components up to 25 kg may be required.
· Though the nature of the position traditionally requires frequent travel, Loop is making efforts to enable more remote access to customer sites. However, some travel will be still be required once the restrictions due to COVID-19 have been lifted.
Other key assets:
· Experience in hydrogen fuel cell operation and/or design
· Experience in automotive industry development programs and prototype development
· Demonstrated in-field supervisory capability
· Customer relationship management skills
· Product lifecycle management skills
· Experience with technical communication in projects where English is not universally spoken.
· Eligible for registration as a Professional Engineer in the province of British Columbia.
A competitive salary and benefits package awaits the successful candidate.
Your application was submitted successfully.