Patented, peer-tested and industry applauded, Loop’s eFlow® technology is the first to create uniform current density, solving one of the most challenging issues in hydrogen energy development – and offering a new vision for heavy transport.
Targeting short- and regional-haul freight markets as a replacement for fossil-fuel powertrains, Loop’s tough, zero-emission hydrogen/EV engine creates consistent peak power, improved performance, and a competitive total cost of ownership, without subsidies.
Our company is rapidly expanding as we scale-up and move into our production phase. We are partnering with some of the largest and most successful automotive companies in the world. The anticipated company growth in the coming year will provide our employees with the opportunity for advancement within the company as we move into this next phase in our brand-new facility!
The Operations Department at Loop is looking for a Team Lead as we prepare for our planned expansion through the establishment of a Manufacturing Engineering group.
- Conceptualize, design and implement new production processes and tooling for the manufacturing of fuel cell stacks & modules.
- Work closely with the Product Development team to develop product improvements for design-for-assembly, cost and quality.
- Work closely with the Manufacturing Team to support stack and module production.
- Ensure projects and improvements beneficial to the company are seen through to the end, from RFQ to final sign-off
- Ensure equipment and systems comply with relevant standards and legislation to ensure equipment safety and compliance.
- Co-ordinates external skilled trades / suppliers /activities.
- Identify the development risks of prototype products on manufacturability.
- Perform kaizen projects to improve safety, quality, productivity, efficiency and cost of stack and module production.
- Perform a hands-on approach to understanding the root causes of assembly or design issues
- Support prototype builds of Loop’s product
- Train manufacturing leads and establishes work procedures
- Carry out other related activities and projects.
- Bachelors of Engineering in Mechanical, Manufacturing, Automation or Mechatronics
- 5 - 10 years of relevant manufacturing experience
- Strong leadership, technical and effective communication skills
- Experience with a high volume automotive component manufacturing environment
- Excellent mechanical intuition with an eye to the translation of finished designs and products into stepwise manufacturing methods.
- Open-minded thinking of approaching the development of novel new processes
- Equipment specifications – develop and sourcing of local & overseas equipment
- Robotics / electrical / Controls experience
- Technical experience/knowledge with production line control systems
- experience with drawings, GD&T, PFMEA, Robust Engineering Design (special characteristics, capability assessment, MSA and PPAP
- Proficient with 3D CAD (SolidWorks preferred)
- Experience with ISO9000, ISO/TS16949 and ISO14000
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Self-starter and able to work without day-to-day direction combined with strong analytical skill
- Overseas travel will be required.
A competitive salary and benefits package awaits the successful candidate