Patented, peer-tested and industry applauded, Loop’s eFlow® technology is the first to create uniform current density, solving one of the most challenging issues in hydrogen energy development – and offering a new vision for heavy transport.
Targeting short- and regional-haul freight markets as a replacement for fossil-fuel powertrains, Loop’s tough, zero-emission hydrogen/EV engine creates consistent peak power, improved performance, and a competitive total cost of ownership, without subsidies.
Our company is rapidly expanding as we are in the scale-up process and moving into production. We are partnering with some of the largest and most successful automotive companies in the world. The anticipated company growth in the coming year will provide our employees with the opportunity for advancement within the company as we move into this next phase in our brand-new facility
We are looking for a Mechanical Designer to join our team. Reporting to the Team Lead Mechanical Engineer, the Mechanical Designer will take a leading role in the CAD process and PDM operation. This position is deeply involved in the stack design and responsible for interfaces and/or hardware for operations and testing.
- CAD Lead – continuous improvement of drawing standards and practices and creation of design references, check and release drawings from design team and review applied GD&T
- Responsible for PDM software operation, PDM server maintenance, administration, and improvements as well as assisting with continuous training of CAD/PDM users
- Lead design and build of stack testing hardware, tools, and fixtures
- Support Stack team with component design and CAD modelling and drawing, including plates, MEAs, seal and hardware
- Support operations and prototyping with build equipment, MEA/stack assembly equipment, leak test fixtures and interfaces
- Support Balance of Plant team with component design and CAD modelling, including fluid interfaces like SAE fittings and O-rings, check and release drawings with focus on GD&T and DfM in cooperation with suppliers
- Assist in tolerance stack up studies across various assemblies
- Understand and document assembly processes and incorporate DFA logic into assembly designs
- Manage parts lists and BOMs for large assemblies
- Minimum 2-year technical diploma
- 2+ years of fuel cell experience preferred
- 5+ years of CAD experience (Solidworks preferred)
- Experience with GD&T
- Experience with checking drawings and drawing standards
- Familiar with various manufacturing processes (molding, machining, sheet metal, forming, welding, etc.) and associated drawing practices
- Mechanical diploma / Technologist
A competitive salary and benefits package awaits the successful candidate